Improvements with Customer
The data below is a subset of the documented improvements we categorize as having a 'positive societal impact' and is inclusive of data from documented improments that have occurred from Q1 2018 through Q3 2019.
2,350 lives saved
This includes lives saved related to early detection and treatment of sepsis, appropriate surgical interventions, etc.
94K individuals received potentially life-saving preventative care
Increased rates of colorectal cancer and breast cancer screening, and improved hypertension control, cardiovascular health, immunization rates and diabetes management.
2.2 million fewer opioids in the community
Use of evidence-based prescribing practices without negatively impacting an individual's satisfaction with pain relief.
- Corporate Women Tech Council sponsor
- Silicon Slopes
47K more days at home
Due to the reduced length of stay and readmissions reductions, people were able to spend more time at home
Day of Service
- 2019: 638 Individual sign-ups - 2,552 Estimated Service Hours.
- 2018: 523 Individual sign-ups - 2,092 Estimated Service Hours
- 2017: 429 Individual sign-ups - 1,716 Estimated Service Hours.
- 2016: 352 Individual sign-ups - 1,408 Estimated Service Hours.
- TOTAL: 7,768 Estimated Service Hours
- Introduced coding to >200 4th and 6th-grade kids in underprivileged school.
- >400 team member volunteer hours during 3 years.
- Across all groups surveyed, 27% of boys said they knew a lot about coding before starting, compared to 16% of girls; by the end of the program, the gap closed to 40% for both boys and girls.
Health Catalyst memebers have volunteered the last 2 years of SheTech programming, put on by Women Tech Council (the annual STEM activation day that attracts 3000 female high school students from the state of Utah).
Inclusion & Parity (as of 1/1/2020)
- Female team members make up 36% of our total workforce
- Women comprise 32% of our Leadership Team.
- 27% of our company’s board members are women.
- Achieved near-perfect gender pay parity, within 1%.
- Healthcare Analytics Summit (HAS) Girls in Tech Scholarship sent 5 high school girls to HAS in 2019.
- Regularly conduct company-wide Unconscious Bias Awareness training
- Helath Catalyst Mentorship Program (37 mentor/mentee matches).
Health Catalyst Women Engineering Scholarships
3 engineering scholarships given; 2 are currently employed full-time by Health Catalyst; 1 is still in the bootcamp.
Health Catalyst Employee Resource Groups
- Women Empowered (WE) - 108 members, and company-wide events held at least quarterly since mid-2018. Company-wide group + 2 chapters; Pacific Northwest and Minneapolis.
- Queers & Allies (Q&A) - 81 memebers, and monthly social events since founding in early 2019
- Veterans & Allies (V&A) - 37 remote members. The group is still in the planning stages.
Gifts and Giving
Total Team Member Donations
Giving portal named, Motivosity and in the last six years, team members have raised a total of $14,467 across the following nonprofit organizations:
Utah Food Bank, Susan G. Komen Foundation, Operation Underground Railroad, JDRF, Big Brothers Big Sisters, PetSmart Charities, Sierra Club, Operation Home Front, Operation Smile, Encircle, No Kid Hungry, Blessed Friends: Partners in Health - Haiti, Hurricane Dorian relief, Code Shelter, YWCA, Utah,Rare Disease Day, Step Up, Bring Hope to Puerto Rico, TCH Patient Fund, Red Cross, LDS Charities, Salvation Army, UTMB Employee Fund, Catholic Charities.